5 tips for saving money on car rentals
Most of the travelers are under the misconception that the luxury car rental companies have uniform rates all over the world doing proper research might not prove beneficial for them. It is obvious the rates are variable and are set according to the services by the car rental companies. You can find cheap deals by comparing more than one rentals and save your expenditures during travel. Car rentals can make you pay more from which was agreed at the time of booking. So read the agreement properly before you sign the deal.
Although rental cars are convenient and can make your road trip safer, but you need to specify your requirements to the rental company so that they can give you the perfect car.
Here are some things mentioned which you must avoid while selecting a luxury car rental company
1. Taking rental cars from the airport: This can cost you more as they have fixed rates and you are not allowed to negotiate. They also have additional airport surcharges which are to be paid by the person renting the car. You must choose the car rental service which is at a distance from the airport to get the cheapest deal. Although it might be convenient for you to get rental services from the airport, but you should make your full efforts to avoid them.
2. Avoiding proper research can end you paying more for the rental services: Think before you make your decision and surf over the internet. There are several popular luxury car rental companies which can be hired over the internet for the cheapest rates.
3. Do not consider local car rental companies: If you are planning for a long distance travel, go for companies working internationally as they have fixed rates and you can avoid overhead expenditures such as insurance and breakdown. Some companies charge for the miles which you have moved while the others charge for each day you hire the rental car. If you have to make interstate travels, you must select local rental companies which can save you money.
4. Never pay for gas in advance: Some of the rental companies may ask you to make payments for gas prior to your movement. It is absolutely not justified to pay for a full tank of gas even if you do not use the car till the tank is empty.
5. Avoid GPS charges: Luxury car rental companies charge you extra for extra services such as GPS or Child car seat. You will be asked to pay an additional of $10 for each day during your car rental period so must avoid such offers. You can get navigation services from your smart phone aswell to save your travel expenditures.